Our SMET LiteFlo® Lightweight Screed features in NI Builder Magazine Top 5 Liquid Screeds
LiteFlo® is designed for application at thicknesses of between 20 and 70 mm and is particularly suitable for application over timber suspended floors, timer-frame houses, high-rise buildings and apartment blocks.
Benefits of SMET LiteFlo® Lightweight Flowing Floor Screed
- Pumpable – first of its kind available.
- Lightweight – high yield, 43kg per m2 at 40mm thickness.
- 30% weight reduction compared to standard calcium sulphate screeds.
- 70% weight reduction compared to traditional sand and cement.
- Absolutely ideal for application in high-rise buildings, over timber-suspended floors, timber-frame houses and in new builds and renovations.
- Smooth laitance-free finish.
- For application at thicknesses of between 20 and 70mm.
- Under Floor Heating – full encapsulation.
- Perfectly level floors – every time.
- Installed nationwide by Smet Supported Partners.
- Sustainable – as this calcium Sulphate binder naturally embodies less carbon than a cement-based binder.
- German made.
- CE EN 13813: 2002
LiteFlo® is suitable for floors in homes, offices, public buildings, and places exposed to similar loads. LiteFlo® may be applied as a levelling screed directly onto a load-bearing floor, unbonded on a separating barrier (polyethene), as a floating floor and can be used in conjunction with underfloor heating or cavity floors. However, when using LiteFlo® in combination with underfloor heating, it should be noted that LiteFlo® has a low thermal conductivity.
LiteFlo® should be covered with a floor finish such as tiles, linoleum, parquet, cork, or carpet. If a cement-based adhesive or smoothing compound is required the surface of the screed must first be sealed, using an appropriate acrylic primer/sealer.
SMET LiteFlo® is unique, in that it’s the first pumpable lightweight flowing screed available. It’s made from specially selected aggregates, which makes it 30% lighter than conventional flowing screeds and 70% lighter than sand and cement, meaning less material is required per m2. LiteFlo® complies with EN 13813: 2002, is CE-marked and is available in 27Kg bags or bulk silos.
Technical Details for SMET LiteFlo® Lightweight Flowing Floor Screed
|Screed Specification CA-C20-F4 as per EN 13813|
|Minimum Thickness||Bonded: 20mm Unbonded: 30mm Domestic: 35mm Commercial: 40mm
Over Underfloor heating Pipes: 25mm (BS 8204-7)
|Compressive Strength (28 days)||≥ 20.0 N/mm2|
|Flexural Strength (28 days)||≥ 4.0 N/mm2|
|Tensile Adhesion||> 1.5 N/mm²|
|Flow Rate||240 – 260mm (slump flow – Hägermann cone)|
|Hardening Times (Light foot-traffic)||After approx.12 hours; can be partially loaded after
approx. 7 days
|Hardening Time||Final Covering: approx. 2 – 6 weeks dependent on
thickness and drying conditions on site
|Recommend water content||9 – 10 l per 27kg bag|
|Working Life||45 – 60 minutes depending on ambient conditions|
|Thermal Conductivity (tabular value)||λR = 0.40 W/mK|
|Fresh (Wet) Density||1,500 kg/m³|
|Hardened (Dry) Density||1,300 kg/m³|
SMET LiteFlo® is supplied to sites in convenient 27 kg pre-mixed bags or in bulk site silos.