SMET feature EasylationWall in Perspective – Cladding Special Mar/Apr16
EasylationWall…the innovative EWI system continues to grow. SMET feature the latest in the launch of the stunning new EWI system.
For the first time in a brick slip EWI system, EasylationWall offers the solution that architects and designers have been seeking in decorative external insulation – the ability to use any type of modern design brick, in a speedy, straightforward application, while offering extremely attractive insulation values. EasylationWall understands the EWI (external wall insulation) market and takes the brick slip system to a whole new level, with insulation boards available in a range of sizes and thicknesses, finished using any style of stone or ceramic brick slip of your choice. The system can be used either as decorative cladding to cover up and beautify, or as a complete insulation EWI system. The possibilities are endless, and the buzz in the industry is palpable – finally, here’s a brick slip EWI system which is well designed, simple in concept and really easy to use. Featuring the latest in innovative, easy to- use, stunning, industry-leading EWI technology based on brick slips, and utilising natural stone or ceramics, EasylationWall is innovative in every aspect. From the method of installation, the materials used, and the speed of application, to the achievable energy standards – all these aspects distinguish themselves from any other EWI systems. EasylationWall can be installed in new builds and renovation projects, and is particularly relevant in Passive House construction. It is also very well suited to off-site construction systems such as timber-frame, steel-frame and prefab-concrete construction. The ease of use means that the system is extremely flexible.
Fully equipped to meet the challenges in environmental energy reduction with its superior thermal insulation properties, EasylationWall achieves exceptional energy efficiency using XPS. In fact, even greater energy efficiency can be achieved because applications may be up to 30cm insulation thickness. For example, by using a 140mm insulation board onto a single-leaf wall construction and a brick slip, a U-value of 0.2 W/m²K is reached. Choosing a 200mm insulation board achieves a U-value of 0.15 W/m²K. EasylationWall delivers high insulation values through the use of an XPS system were materials are made of extruded polystyrene hard foam. The high-density insulation boards have a high thermal resistance and excellent impact resistance, delivering extremely durable
end results. Due to the sealed cell structure, the system is damp-proof and offers many unique characteristics. It is also so versatile that it easily addresses the challenge of artistic design combined with thermal insulation.
STRINGENT INSULATION REQUIREMENTS
EasylationWall uses Styrofoam™, which has been manufactured by Dow since the 1940s. The process of extruding foamed polystyrene results in a material with uniformly small, closed cells, offering unrivalled characteristics. It’s the superior choice of specifiers in a wide range of demanding insulation applications for:
• Low thermal conductivity: minimising the board thickness needed to achieve a specific U-value, thus allowing the designer greater flexibility.
• High compressive strength: in load bearing applications, the closed-cell structure gives the foam superb rigidity, making it highly resistant to compression.
• Low water absorption: Styrofoam™ has natural resistance to rain, snow, frost and water vapour.
• It’s an exceptionally stable material, retaining its initial insulation performance and physical integrity in exposed conditions over long durations. It was
this unusual property that made the inverted warm flat-roof concept possible – an idea pioneered by Dow.
• Ease of use: Styrofoam™ is easily worked with regular hand tools.
• Hygienic properties: Styrofoam™ boards have low susceptibility to rot, meaning that mould or fungal growth is minimised.
• They are clean, odourless and free from irritating dust.
• Long-life: properly installed, Styrofoam™ boards have a service life comparable with that of the building or structure.
• Environmental aspects: Styrofoam™ can be recycled in relevant facilities. EasylationWall insulation boards are available in a number of thicknesses designed to allow the specifier to meet the performance requirements of specific applications.
July 14, 2015, was a landmark for ‘The BouwCollectief’, a newly-formed collaboration of Dutch construction company, with BBG and EasylationWall
winning the contract for the renovation of 384 ZoWonen homes at Beek, in the Netherlands. Award of the contract was based on a proposal for the most innovative and attractive EWI solution, on time, on budget, with an overall project plan led by experienced EWI process managers. The team are specialists in External Thermal Insulating Composite Systems (ETICS) with a brick slip finish, thus the renovated homes not only achieve a new look and feel, but they also improve on acoustic and thermal demands, all of which results in a strongly improved environmental climate. Securing the ZoWonen project affirms the significant attributes of EasylationWall and its many unique benefits, adding to a growing portfolio of completed EWI projects. New partnerships in the UK and Ireland mean that EWI is now readily available nationwide.
Contact Smet Building Products Ltd email@example.com for further information on your specific EWI project. Click here for a short demo or for further information go to webpage: