baseTherm® published EPD under the EPD Ireland programme
We are delighted to announce in cooperation with our Smet Supported Partner, baseTherm®, we have published an EPD under the IGBC’s EPD Ireland programme, for baseTherm® Ltd Bound EPS ballasting (BEPS) floor insulation.
This is a Cradle to Gate EPD for:
🟢 baseTherm® Low Lambda
🟢 baseTherm® 150
🟢 baseTherm® 200
🟢 baseTherm® 250
📗 Read more and download the EPD here ➡️ https://lnkd.in/etNf4xBV
Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) are a standardised way of providing data about the environmental impacts of a product through the product life cycle. Most importantly for designers and specifiers, EPDs have a major role to play in enabling better product choices in delivering lower carbon buildings. Download now from Irish Green Building Council EPD Platform – EPD IRELAND:
• Seamless, void-free poured floor insulation
• Factory produced on-site, no waste
• Rapid pumped installation
• Ultra-lightweight with acoustic benefits
• Highly insulating, from 0.041 W/mK
• NSAI Agrément certified
• EPD Certified – certificate available to download on EPD Ireland
• Available for specification on NBS Source and as BIM Digital Objects
baseTherm® Floor Insulation System is a pumpable, light-weight thermal and insulating screed mortar consisting of EPS beads, fast-drying cement, and Isostay proprietary additive mixed on-site using a purpose-built Mobile Floor Insulation Factory to meet the requirements of I.S. EN 16025-1 and I.S. EN 16025-2. baseTherm® has been developed using IsoStar and Enginy certified technology, which has been on the market in Western Europe since 2012, along with our EPS bead manufacturing partner Kore System, which is based in Co. Cavan.
The product is used as a thermally insulating, non-structural, bound expanding polystyrene (BEPS) system which can contribute to the thermal and acoustic performance of floors in either new or existing buildings.
- Below a concrete floor slab.
- Below a floor screed on a concrete slab with a hardcore base.
- Above a suspended concrete floor (e.g., block and beam) with a floor screed.
baseTherm® is suitable for internal application to ground-supported and suspended floors in existing and new domestic and non-domestic building applications. The system is available in four grades, baseTherm® Low Lambda, baseTherm® 150, baseTherm® 200, and baseTherm® 250 depending on thermal performance and loading requirements.