Sopro Rapidur® M5 – Rapid Drying Floor Screed
Ready-to-use, polymer-modified screed mix for particularly economical production of rapid-set cement screeds allowing early flooring installation. Achieves grade CT-C35-F5 to DIN EN 13813 after 7 days, grade CT-C40-F6 after 28 days. No extra sand needs to be added. Suitable for heated screeds, bonded screeds, unbonded screeds and floating screeds. Also suitable for use as a finished floor surface. Particularly suitable for fast-track or tightly scheduled screed laying. Also suitable for grouting fence posts.
For production of rapid-set cement screeds to DIN 18 560, allowing early flooring installation. For heated, bonded, unbonded and floating screeds. Particularly suitable for fast-track or tightly scheduled screed laying. Also suitable for use as a finished floor surface and for underwater applications. For indoor and outdoor use.
Benefits of Sopro Rapidur® M5 – Rapid Drying Floor Screed
- For floors, indoors and outdoors
- Ready for tiling: after approx. 24 hours (pay particular attention to residual moisture in case of highly impervious floor coverings, e.g. linoleum, PVC and wood coverings)
- No further addition of sand required
- Working life: 3 – 4 hours.
- Walkable: after approx. 12 hours
- High resistance to moisture migration from substrate
- Coat thickness: 10 – 100 mm
- Suitable for floor heating systems
- Heating system commissioning: after approx. 3 days
- Grading: 0 – 4 mm
- Suitable Sopro perimeter insulation strip available
- DGNB (German Sustainable Building Council): Top quality level 4, Line 8
- Approved as a system component for shipbuilding applications
- Low-chromate to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006, Annex XVII
- Recommended by Sentinel Haus Institut
Technical Details for Sopro Rapidur® M5 – Rapid Drying Floor Screed
|Mixing Ratio||Approx. 1.5 – 1.8 ltr water: 25 kg Sopro Rapidur® M5|
|Working life||3 – 4 hours; stiffened mortar should not be retempered by addition of water or fresh mortar to restore workability.|
|Walkable||After approx. 12 hours|
|Ready to receive
|After approx. 24 hours for tiling; after approx. 2 days for deformation-resistant natural or cast stone units|
|Strength class||CT-C35-F5 after 7 days
CT-C40-F6 after 28 days
|Coverage||18 – 20 kg/m² per cm coat thickness; 1,800 – 2,000 kg/m³|
|Shelf life||Approx. 12 months, subject to storage on pallets in dry conditions in original unopened containers|
|Notes on use with
floor heating system
|Suitable for heated screeds with max. +55 °C flow temperature.
Prior to laying tiles or other floor coverings, the screed should be heated up and allowed to cool in accordance with basic procedures required for traditional cement screeds.
Heating phase should commence at the earliest three days after screed laying. During the first heating cycle, a +25 °C flow temperature should be maintained for three days. The system should then be set to maximum flow temperature, to be maintained for a further four days, before being lowered to laying temperature.
|Specified times||Apply for normal temperature range of +23 °C and 50% relative humidity; higher temperatures shorten and lower temperatures lengthen these times|
Available in 25kg bags, 40 bags per pallet.