SMET – Bringing European Innovation
Smet Building Products Ltd (SMET) is dedicated to delivering innovative Self Levelling Floor Screeds, Renders, Plasters, Clean Wall® Healthy Wall Systems, Professional Tiling Systems, Natural Hydraulic Lime products, and Streetscape® BS 7533 Compliant Mortars. As a family-run, award-winning business, our strength is in delivering innovative high-quality products supported by exceptional technical support and conscientious customer service.
The benefit of being our client – a Smet Supported Partner
We will take the time to advise and support you, offering onsite logistics and sound expertise. With our products and our support, you’ll soon find improved site management, time-saving, quality improvements and waste reduction. Our quick growing success can be attributed to our unmatched wealth of expert knowledge and experience in providing technical advice, problem-solving backup, innovative products, tailored back-office support, and solution-focused service.
SMET will meet the complex demands of builders, contractors, architects, specifiers, designers, and end-users – for all phases of construction.
SMET Company Vision
To be the first choice for dry mortar building materials – the one whom architects & specifiers turn to for expertise, detailed technical advice, and choice.
SMET Company Values
- Innovation – SMET passionately strives to create and deliver building products that have the potential to change how we build today.
- Quality – SMET will procure and deliver only the very highest quality building materials – without compromise; manufactured to the most stringent quality standards.
- As One – Our primary asset is the people we have on board. We provide opportunities and encouragement to help our people reach their potential in an environment where mutual respect is fundamental.
- Integrity – We succeed at SMET by doing things the right way – with respect to ethics, laws, quality, and the environment and with each other.
- Accountability – We will acknowledge and assume responsibility for our actions, products, decisions, and policies; both as individual employees and as accountability of the company as a whole.
- Partnership – You’re not just a SMET customer, you’re our Partner – a Smet Supported Partner.
- Uniqueness – We want to be different from and more progressive than all other building materials suppliers; we stand for something.
We recognise as a supplier of superior quality building products and services, we must ensure our operations are carried out to the highest of standards. In order to achieve this, we operate a BSI-registered ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System, BSI registered ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management System, and a BSI-registered ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
These management systems define our working procedures and processes, underpinning our commitment to providing excellence in all our services, systems, and products.
Our aim is to achieve total client satisfaction in every aspect of our work. Visit our SMET Sustainability page to see more about our commitments to the environment and the local community.
Please download our Business Management Certificates:
Please download our Business Management Policies:
Our Commitment to Staff Training
We have invested 130 hours in training in 2022 alone, making sure our workforce is healthy and safe. This is paramount to us. Reducing the impact we have on the environment is a priority, and ensuring the consistent, superior quality of our products & technical services is the key to our success. We have integrated training seamlessly into our workplace culture. We have created a working environment that is safe, conducive to our employee’s health and well-being, environmentally friendly, and focused on quality.
SMET Supporting Architects & Specifiers
Environmental Product Declarations
We offer a comprehensive range of EPDs for a wide range of German-made building materials. Offering transparency through LCA, specifiers are in an informed position to reduce environmental impacts through calculating embodied carbon, eliminating toxic materials, and understanding the ‘Cradle to Grave’ impact of their chosen materials. Under the new nZEB building regulations, the carbon embodied in building materials will account for up to 50% of the total life cycle carbon emissions of the homes and buildings designed. By 2050 we need to reduce the carbon emissions from the construction and operation of buildings to zero including materials. SMET’s online EPD Platform published by the IGBC offers this comparative ability in decision-making.
NBS & BIM
SMET offers a comprehensive library of products for specification on SMET NBS Source and SMET BIM objects, created and hosted by the National BIM Library. Our SMET BIM objects are available for download in ArchiCAD, Bentley, IFC, Vectorworks, and Revit software formats under – SMET Bedding & Underlay, SMET Plasters & Renders, SMET Mortars & Grouts, Concrete, Adhesives, Admixtures & Additives categories. It’s reassuring to know all SMET BIM objects were among the first in the industry to meet the new NBS BIM Object Standards.
SMET Membership of Professional Bodies and Organisations
We have registered with/or are current members with the following: